Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thank-you ...........

image001.jpg

I would like to thank each of you for your kind words and expressions of sympathy on the passing of my Dad. I have really been touched by the kindness of the blogging community. You are a great group of people and I'm honored to know you.

I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal. It must be a sign of getting older when you crave routine and boredom. We went over the yard with the leaf vacuum for the first time this week. The leaves were falling as fast as we were getting them up. Our trees have turned and are very colorful. I must get out and take some pictures before the color fades.

The cats still hate each other. I'm beginning to think they will never get along. I've quit trying to keep the peace. They'll have to sort things out themselves. I'm taking care of my Dad's cat Sandy while my brother is in New Jersey. My brother will be moving back here to my Dad's house over the next couple of months, so the days he's in New Jersey, I will be a cat sitter. Luckily Sandy can stay at home and I won't have to introduce another cat to my three.

Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.

9 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I can't believe you still have beautiful colored leaves on the trees. Glad to hear things will be more normal soon for you. Take Care.

KathyA said...

I think if you introduce another cat to yours there will be a revolution. (And we both know who will be leading it)!

It will be nice to have your brother closer.

And that maple tree is MAGNIFICENT!

Glad things are getting back to normal. I'm honored to know you, too. :) Kathy

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that you lost your dad. I just went back and read the other post. God bless him--96 years old! What a gift to have him for so long.

I'm glad you're getting back to normal. Boredom and routine can be wonderful.

J_on_tour said...

What a great picture with such colour an detail.
You have reminded me that I'll have to get the leaf vacuum out in the back garden. The most annoying thing about it is that it's from the next door neighbours large tree that they won't cut.
Best wishes with the cats...they do their own thing.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I always feel a sense of comfort when I can get back to my normal routine. Normal feels good even if it's boring!

What beautiful color! Our leaves are almost gone and the ones remaining are brown and dull. But it's over 60 degrees outside so it all feels so weird!

It's nice your brother moving back. Having family around is important.

Arkansas Patti said...

Now that is good color.
We have had a late season also and it is almost over. I still have leaves but yesterday on a road trip, 40 miles north of me, the trees are totally naked.
Enjoy while you can.

NitWit1 said...

lOVE THE BEAUTIFUL LEAVES. Glad somebody had color as we missed a lot this year. too dry and hot at the wrong time.

Well letting the kitties sort it out probably is better than letting dogs figure it out, from some observations

But then it is kind of like people. Why can't we just get along in peace. There is enough room for all of us.

Cy condolences on the loss of your father. I had my father 92 years, much o which was a blessing. His last 5 or so were not as he wished, which neither he not we has any control over.

Unknown said...

Oh please take some photos of your beautiful leaves & maybe post a few! All of our leaves have turned and are now gone :o( I just love Autumn leaves.
When life has been hectic, busy & stressed I think it makes total sense to wish for your usual routine. I hope everything calms down for you & you can relax.

Try not to worry about the cats & don't bother to get involved. That often excites them even more because you are paying attention to them. (I learned this the hard way myself! lol & then asked my vet about it) If you ignore the cats, they'll work it out themselves. They probably won't ever be friends but they will learn to tolerate each other. I hope your dad's cat, Sandy, is coping okay without your dad. Cats can get depressed when they lose their human.

Good luck with everything! Have a good week!
~ Amy

CountryDew said...

That is a beautiful bush! Be kind to yourself in the coming weeks.