This birdbath has been on the side yard for years. Originally there were three rose bushes and a climbing rose planted here. They never did do well, and eventually everything died except for this pathetic looking rose. My Hubbie has complained about it all spring. I think I had just gotten used to it and I never really noticed it, but it bothered him. This morning we decided to get rid of the rose and fix a bed for some azaleas.
It was hot again today, so we started on it early and were finished by 11 AM. I had to admit that it was an improvement. I just hope the azaleas don't die - usually they do well here.
Tomorrow we rent the Bobcat and move the rest of the pile of dirt. Hubbie also plans to use it to move some old piles of leaves and pine needles from the edge of the hay field. The sun and heat have really dried things out. I'm hoping that once we spread out the top soil and sow some grass seed, we'll get some rain.