Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Sunday project .........


This birdbath has been on the side yard for years. Originally there were three rose bushes and a climbing rose planted here. They never did do well, and eventually everything died except for this pathetic looking rose. My Hubbie has complained about it all spring. I think I had just gotten used to it and I never really noticed it, but it bothered him. This morning we decided to get rid of the rose and fix a bed for some azaleas.

It was hot again today, so we started on it early and were finished by 11 AM. I had to admit that it was an improvement. I just hope the azaleas don't die - usually they do well here.


Tomorrow we rent the Bobcat and move the rest of the pile of dirt. Hubbie also plans to use it to move some old piles of leaves and pine needles from the edge of the hay field. The sun and heat have really dried things out. I'm hoping that once we spread out the top soil and sow some grass seed, we'll get some rain.


5 comments:

Kathy said...

Very nice!!! I'll send photos of our work in a few days.

Gilly said...

Lovely! And I'm sure the birds will enjoy it too!

You would laugh at my efforts at raised beds - when it stops raining (for which we are very thankful, it has been so dry) I'll take some photos!

Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3 said...

Yes, very nice, we approve! ;-)

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Kathy and Gilly, I'm looking forward to photos of your projects.

Debi Kelly Van Cleave said...

Oh, that looks so pretty! I've been wanting a birdbath for years.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com