Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall chores ...................


We had a beautiful weekend - sunny and very warm. I had to take advantage of it by going outside and taking care of some fall yard chores.


We haven't had a frost yet, but it's time for one, so I decided to put the Norfolk Island Pine in the garage for the winter. I got this tree years ago as a Christmas decoration. It was only about a foot tall and was in a small pot. As it grew, I kept repotting it in larger and larger pots. It got too large for the house, so I would put it on the deck during the summer and in the garage during the winter. The pot is too heavy for me to carry off the deck and around to the lift up garage door, so I slide it across the deck and into the garage through the back door. As you can see in the picture, it has gotten so big it was a challenge to get it through the door. I had to tilt the pot and bend the top in order to get it through. It takes up a lot of room in the garage. It's sitting beside my treadmill, so when I work out, I feel like I'm walking in the woods.
.
.
I got some weeding done while the ground is still moist, planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs, and cleaned up some flower beds. I also raked up pine needles under the trees by the road. Hubby got the leaf vacuum out and went over the yard for the first time, getting up all the leaves that had fallen.


I am sore tonight - probably from all that raking. I'll soak in a hot bath and take some Tylenol Arthritis before I go to bed.


Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend

5 comments:

KathyA said...

I've been hitting the Tylenol pretty hard myself! That Norfolk Island pine is gorgeous!!!! I have one, too, but I don't take it out anymore. It's in the sun room all year and seems to be happy with this arrangement! Are you going to put Christmas lights on it???

Becky Mushko said...

I have a big Norfolk Island pine that started as a one-foot high Christmas decoration, too. The kittens love it.

Arkansas Patti said...

Looks like you are running out of time with the Norfolk. It is really getting big and will someday just have to be left where it is.
You make me realize I have been negligent and need to get busy. Now where is that ibuprofen?

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that Tylenol Arthritis. I should buy stock in the company!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Wow. That Norfolk Island Pine is just gorgeous - and so big! I bet it's wonderful working out next to that beautiful tree!