Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rain and more rain ...............



It's been raining in Southside Virginia - and raining and raining. So far we have gotten a little over three inches. The forecast is for heavy rains through this evening along with strong winds.





There are flood warnings out for low areas and near streams and rivers. I live on a slight hill and have water sitting in my front yard.






It's too wet and windy to venture outside so Maggie May has been watching the rain through the window. She is waiting for it to stop so she can meow to go back outside.






Mazie Grace has curled up on my furry throw and says to wake her up when the rain stops. I've been snuggled up under a throw myself - reading "the Lost Symbol". We are a lazy bunch.

7 comments:

CountryDew said...

It has been a good week to be inside. I hope we aren't in for a long winter. We'd have had a lot of snow if it had been a little colder.

KathyA said...

Maggie, Mazie and you have the right idea!! Azrielle is curled up downstairs on the sun porch by the fire. It's miserable here, but you have gotten much more rain than we have.
Are you enjoying THE LOST SYMBOL? I'm currently reading another Harlan Coben book -- quite good -- can't remember the title!! (senior moment)

Anonymous said...

Boy, the rain sure came down here in Roanoke too! We are on the side of a tiny mountain so we don't have any flooding here, but it was sure running hard and fast through our ditch out by the road. There may be more on the way so hold tight... stay lazy, warm, and on high ground!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Arkansas Patti said...

I love rain, it gives me the perfect excuse to do pretty much nothing and not feel guilty.
Looks like you are getting remnants of Ida.

Reasons said...

All looks perfectly blissful to me - those are happy cats!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

My friend Debbie from Danville wrote me yesterday asking if we were getting all that rain up here in PA. Nope. Actually, it's around 50 degrees and sunny. Very unusual for Pittsburgh! It's usually dark, cold and rainy by now.

Are they saying that the rain is making up for the drought last year?

Patty said...

They really got it bad in Va. Beach. My moms street flooded out, my son and brother both lost fences from the wind and my sisters mother in law has water in her house. Simce I am in Newport News we only got wind and rain and no flooding but part of the city lost electric and had flooding. I am glad your ok