Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our snow has melted .............


Our snow is almost gone.



The cats are glad to see it go.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was very quiet. We had our fried oyster dinner at my Dad's on Christmas Eve. It was just the four of us - Dad, my brother, hubby, and me. I had prepared everything except the oysters ahead of time and carried the prepared dishes with me. It didn't take long to fry the oysters after we got to Dad's.


We had a relaxing Christmas morning. Maggie May and Mazie Grace had fun with their new catnip mice and ate some of their new treats. Hubby gave me two books - "U is for Undertow" by Sue Grafton and "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton. I've almost finished the Sue Grafton book. Hubby got a small portable battery charger - the one he had broke and he wanted a replacement. Of course, we've been enjoying our new TV.


My brother bought a small turkey for our Christmas dinner. He put it in the oven at Dad's that morning. He's become quite an expert at roasting a turkey - it was perfect. We arrived later, and I finished preparing the meal for the four of us. Of course, we all stuffed ourselves and were ready for naps after eating. I was thankful that I got to share another Christmas with my Dad. I've spent every Christmas since I was born with him - a total of 62.

We got rain Christmas Day. As you can see in the pictures above, it melted almost all of our snow. At least we had a white Christmas morning. Today has been another lazy day. We made a quick trip to the grocery store, then came home and made a pot of soup.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh... we had tons of rain yesterday too, but still quite a bit of snow left to melt. Heard it in my downspouts dripping away all day today.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Becky Mushko said...

What Snappy Di said. Even though I'm a county and a half east of her, we also got plenty of rain, but we still have snow (down to 3 inches on my deck this morning!)

Gilly said...

Most of our snow has melted, though there are patches here and there on the lawn, but it is very frosty this morning and more snow is forecast. Not sure if I like all this winter weather!!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I would never expect ME to wish for rain but I wanted it to get rid of all that snow! Too hard to take care of the horses. And I can't find decent snow boots anywhere. Walmart's snow boots are plastic!

KathyA said...

Fried oysters are my all-time favorite food! Your Christmas sounds great in spite of the rain.
I am a big fan of Sue Grafton and have her book. I'm currently reading John Irving's LAST NIGHT IN TWISTED RIVER. It's quite good.