Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lunch is served ..............


I happened to go outside around noon, just as my neighbor was unrolling a bale of hay in the field across from my house. The cows had been near the barn, but when they saw hay, they came running. They were so comical! Great big cows were jumping around like they were calves. The calves were prancing around in circles and kicking up their heels. A few of the cows chased the tractor across the field - running in circles around it. Evidently they were happy to see hay for lunch.


We're getting rain again tonight after several really pretty days with temperatures in the 60s. I am so tired of rain and mud. Spring can't get here soon enough. I've been cleaning out file cabinets and old records. It's a boring job that I've put off for too long. I'm almost finished except for some boxes that are somewhere in the attic. I know there's stuff up there from 40 years ago. I don't believe I'll ever need my electric or phone bills from 1970. One of my goals for 2010 is to simplify - to get rid of everything that I don't need or use. I have a small house, so I only have room for a limited amount. Consequently, I'll be making multiple trips to Goodwill.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Six years ago we sold our house in Texas where we'd lived for 30 years, and moved to Oregon. That was a massive clean out job. We have a very small space now and I've learned when you don't have much room you have to constantly monitor what's coming in and make sure some is going out.

Gilly said...

English cows just seem to plod from one field to the milking shed and back again! Maybe I need to geet out more into the countryside! Or maybe US cows are livelier ;)

I'm fed up with mud, grey skies, snow, mud grey skies etc. etc. Sort of rolling loop. And the temperatures, being normal, now, for this time of the year are about 4C, which is 39F, only it seems a lot colder today!

rachel said...

A few years ago I threw out a huge lever-arch file containing all my English A-Level essays - from 1967-8! There were subjects in them that, if anyone had asked me, I would have denied ever having heard of, yet there they were, expounded in my own handwriting!

A good clear out is therapeutic beyond belief.

Arkansas Patti said...

How nice of your neighbor to have cows. Me too. We get to enjoy their antics but don't have to feed them. Watching cows graze is good for the blood pressure.
Think it is the warm weather but I am thinking of purging files also. Wish us both luck.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

You are much more motivated than I am! Good for you for tackling it all and getting it done. It'll feel so good when you're finished and you know everything is where it needs to be.

CountryDew said...

Cows just love to be fed. :-)

KathyA said...

Cleaning things out like that makes me feel lighter! And I'm with you in waiting for spring and green.