Monday, February 22, 2010

We had a beautiful weekend ..........


We had a beautiful weekend - sunny and warm. It was so nice to be able to go outside without a coat on. All of our snow has melted, but we now have mud everywhere. I'm glad our driveway is paved. The driveway at my Dad's isn't paved and I hold my breath every time I drive on it, hoping I won't get stuck. I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning my car - inside and outside. I picked up sticks in the yard and drained water off the pool cover. The cats thoroughly enjoyed their weekend too. They chased each other all over the back yard and ran in circles.


The little fellow above was in the back yard Sunday. I had to put Mazie Grace in the house because I was afraid she would try to either play with him or attack him. I saw him in the front yard this afternoon. I think he's looking for food. I was tempted to feed him, but then he would stay around the house and I don't want the cats around him. Years ago we had a possum that ate with the cats every night. They can be rather messy.


3 comments:

Linda said...

I felt sorry for a baby opossum one time and put food out. A few weeks later I got a glimpse of him and he had turned from a darling little animal into one of the ugliest animals I'd ever seen. I've never figured out what they're good for, kind of like fleas and chiggers I guess.

rachel said...

Encouraging to hear that winter does loosen its grip eventually! It hasn't here though....

Poor little possum - I suspect that I would have had to feed him, perhaps away from the house, even though I understand your reluctance. What size is he in relation to the average cat?

KathyA said...

Do possums normally come out in the daytime? I can understand your wanting to separate him from the girls!
Glad you had a nice weekend and that spring is coming to you soon. We can only hope...