Sunday, May 1, 2011

I've had a cold .............

It's been awhile since I posted. I haven't replaced the part on my internet equipment, but it seems to be working better - at least right now. Perhaps the wind moved the dish just a little, so that it gets better reception.

Hubby was complaining several weeks ago about allergies. He was sniffling, sneezing, and coughing. About ten days ago I started with the same symptoms. I have never had allergies, so I knew that we both had old fashioned head colds. It had been over ten years since I'd had a cold so my immunity was nonexistent. I had forgotten how miserable a head cold could make you feel - sore throat, runny nose, stuffed up sinus, itchy eyes and throat, no sense of taste or smell, and a general feeling of weakness. Finally after ten days I'm feeling much better. Hubby still has a cough, but my cold never went to my chest, so I should be like new in a day or so.

We've been busy getting the garden planted. The cats think the garden squares are great litter boxes and have covered up three of my squash plants. I'll have to do some replanting. The lettuce and radishes I planted earlier are doing very well. I'll take pictures soon.

We've been lucky as far as storms and tornados are concerned. Most of the storms have been just to the west of us. A tornado was reported in Farmville, but we didn't even get rain here. It's just tragic the damage made by storms throughout the South. I feel for all those people who have been affected.

Our cabinets have been ordered and should be here around the 10th. I think I finally picked out all the tile, faucets, etc. I want. I changed my mind numerous times and finally got tired of looking at all that stuff, so I turned in my list to the contractor.

Will try to take some yard and garden pictures soon.

10 comments:

Carol E Wyer said...

I'm so glad yo haven't been affected by the storms. They have been frightful.
Sorry to hear you've both been ill....Hubby is evil when he gets a cold. He's the biggest whinger. Nice to see you are back online.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Sorry about the allergies, but it is so nice to be able to have warmer temps and growing your garden as well. Tell those kitties to KEEP OUT...LOL

Arkansas Patti said...

Aw, I am so sorry you have been sick. We seem to treat colds like child birth and forget how miserable they can be. Be glad you have so few that they are still a surprise to you.
So glad you missed the major damage. This has been a bizzare year and I am not sure it is done with us. We have more coming today out of Texas. Whee.
So far, my garden has not suffered.

NitWit1 said...

Yuck! When anything that like a cold I takes up residence in me, it ends up as a doubt of chrontic bronchitis in me. I have just gotten over that, so hope I am OK for awhile. I usually have 1-3 bouts a year.

My husband is stoic and says little when he is sick.I have to pry it out of him.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you didn't receive any storm damage.

Becky Mushko said...

Hope you're feeling better! Because of my cats, anything I plant in the garden has a tomato cage around it.

Leontien said...

hope to see your garden pics soon!!!

Thanks and glad your feeling a bit better

Leontien
www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

CountryDew said...

I am glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy the gardening!

schmidleysscribblins.wordpress.com said...

Oh cats in the garden, how well I remember. Now it is squirrels. At least that is what my little dog Johnny tells me when I ask him who dug a hole in my pot? Dianne

KathyA said...

Sorry about the cold. I thought at the onset of mine that it, too, was allergies, but the progression was just different. Feel better.

Have you tried signs in the gardens?? :)