Friday, August 9, 2013

Shredding ........

My house has an attic that is accessed through a hole in the ceiling in the hall. You have to climb up a step ladder and pull yourself up into the attic. Since I've gotten older and suffer from arthritis, it's difficult for me to go up there. Like most attics, it is full of all sorts of junk. My house is small and I have limited storage, so over the years I've put lots of boxes up there.

I've talked Hubby into climbing the ladder and taking down a few boxes at a time. I then go through them and either throw away or donate what I don't want to keep. My goal is to completely clean everything out of the attic. Last week he brought down boxes and boxes of cancelled checks. I had about 35 years of checks. So, this week I have been shredding and shredding and shredding .... I finally finished yesterday afternoon. Boy, am I glad that is done!


When I haven't been shredding, I've been filling the hummingbird feeders. There must be thirty or more that swarm to my feeders. I'm filling them at least three times a day now.

We're still eating tomatoes and green peppers from my garden. The squash and cucumbers are gone - eaten by squash bugs. I got one watermelon before something pecked holes in the rest of them. I'm thinking about planting fall crops now.

Hope you have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

My husband is our resident shredder. He actually enjoys it but then he is retired so has free time:)

Hummingbirds....you need to take some pictures.

Pat said...

I need to do an attic clean out...38 years of stuff up there.
I've been having hummers at my flowers this summer...

Unknown said...

We dont have anything in the attic, but I sure have lots of junk that needs going thru, and as you said, shredded or donated. I will get on that one of these days! lol Have a nice weekend.

CountryDew said...

You must have a very good shredder. I tried to shred a bunch of our documents like that and burnt mine up. I have 30 years worth of taxes and checks, too.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

How long are we supposed to save those things? I need to get rid of stuff too.