Thursday, August 27, 2009

Summer Pleasures # 9 - Ice Cream ....................



A cold and delicious bowl of ice cream really hits the spot on a hot summer afternoon. Can't you just taste that sweetness as it melts in your mouth? My favorite flavor this summer has been Turkey Hill's Banana Split. I will get a small bowl and eat it slowly so I can savor each spoonful. I usually don't eat ice cream during the colder months, preferring something hot instead. But as long as the days are warm, I will enjoy that bowl of delicious refreshment - one of the pleasures of summer. What is your favorite flavor?

-

3 comments:

KathyA said...

I love ice cream particularly soft serve (ever been to Kohr's in Charlottesville?) and eat it all year!!

Gilly said...

Is that a serving for one person??

I love chocolate ice cream, perferably with chocolate chips in! Unfortunately I have a lactose intolerance, so can't eat much of the real stuff, but do enjoy soya ice cream. (Now don't pull a face, its a wquestion of if I want ice cream its soya or nothing much of anything else!)

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

I'm partial to the Blue Bunny brand of ice cream. But it's hard to pick a favorite flavor - I REALLY like ice cream. If I had to choose, I'd probably say just plain ol' chocolate!