Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I think I live in an oven ........

..... at least it feels like I do. Will this heat ever give way to temperatures in the lower 90s? It seems like almost every day is over 100 degrees. Many parts of the country are sweltering under record temperatures. I really feel for those who can not tolerate high temperatures. I like hot weather and I'm comfortable until the mercury goes above 90. No matter how hot I get, I can usually find a way to cool off. I've been eating lots of ice cream cones, drinking large glasses of iced tea, and spending time in the pool. I do worry about Maggie May and Mazie Grace being outside during the hottest part of the day. I try to make them stay inside, but they want to go out. I guess they find some shady place to stretch out. I keep water in a bowl on the deck for them.

It's been too hot for Hubby and I to tackle any projects around the house. We try to get everything important done by 10 AM. After that we do no more than necessary. I have gotten a few regular tomatoes from the garden and I'm beginning to get some cherry tomatoes. The cherry tomatoes are really pretty and have a good flavor. I like them in salads and also just pop them in my mouth for a delicious snack. We keep watering the garden every morning and every night. It's enough to just keep it alive.

I haven't been able to exercise lately. My treadmill is in the garage where there is no air conditioning. It's been too hot to get out there and walk. I can tell that I haven't been exercising. My joints are stiffer and I don't have as much energy. I really should come up with some exercises I can do inside.

I guess I've complained enough about the weather. I shouldn't complain since I prefer this to very cold weather any day. I'll be wishing for days like this next winter.

10 comments:

Linda said...

It seems we're seldom pleased with the weather, no matter what it is. Have you noticed it's the same with the President. Gripe, Gripe that's must be what we're programed to do, want what we don't have.

It's to be in the 90s here and I'm really dreading it. I hope it moves out by next week. We haven't had the AC on yet but I'm sure we will.

Gilly said...

Much, much too hot for me! But we don't have air conditioning here in the UK, so most of us would die in that heat!! ;)

Never satisfied, are we??

Arkansas Patti said...

We had a week of wonderful weather, only to be hit again with the lip burning heat. Such a tease Mother Nature is.
This heat makes one as housebound as a foot of snow. Thank goodness for Spring and Fall.
Try mall walking. Use their kilowatts. We don't have a mall here but Walmart is chock full of fast walking seniors.

NitWit1 said...

We have a break from the heat with rain showers yesterday, 1.12 inches in less than 15 minutes, plus it is in forecast for next 4 days.

Of course it is when we have a big water sport in the area, called Brostock, a wakeboard competition.

We are excited to have the event come our way, but we cannot guarantee Weather.\!

KathyA said...

Yes, this certainly is 'interesting' weather, isn't it?
I went out and had my hair done and told her not to bother styling it -- I was just going to tie it up anyway. Busy schlepping the sprinkler around the yard and have hunkered down inside with a good Harlan Coben book.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Last Thursday July 1, I had jeans and a jeans jacket on in the evening. It wend from 70 degree days to 90-100 in just 2 days. This is day 4 of horrible heat. Thank goodness for AC at home and work.

CountryDew said...

I recommend Tai Chi - get a DVD and do it in front of the TV - to keep from getting stiff when you're not otherwise exercising. I enjoy it more than yoga because you don't get in the floor with it.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I work out at a gym so no worries about the weather, thank goodness. I love Pilates. That class is wonderful for stretching out my stiff muscles. Maybe you could try renting a DVD from the library and see if you like it.

It was hot here in PA last week, in the 90's. We were all miserable. The pool got a lot of use everyday! But I do remember those 100 degree summers in Danville. Man, we just stood there it was so hot!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I'm so glad you're going slow; it's so hot here, we find it difficult to get much of anything done. Simply moving takes so much energy!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?