Monday, May 11, 2009

Azaleas and miniature roses .......





Just a couple of pictures of the azaleas around my deck and one of a miniature rose I have in a pot in the back yard. We have had rain almost every day so far this month. Everything is so green and things are growing so fast. This is really a beautiful time of year.
.
I hope all you mothers had an enjoyable Mother's Day. I don't have children (except for my cats), and both my and my husband's mothers are no longer with us, so we didn't really celebrate. Our yard project for the weekend was getting some grass seed put down on the bare spots in the back yard. I have my fingers crossed that some of it will come up before it gets too hot and dry.
.
My garden is growing - I got radishes out of it over the weekend. Nothing tastes better than vegetables fresh from the garden. I'm anxious for a juicy red tomato.


4 comments:

KathyA said...

Lovely! And you got radishes already! I planted three heirloom tomatoes on Thursday and I think they've grown three inches already because of this rain. I can't wait to have fresh tomatoes, either.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I have a deck like yours but it doesn't look nice like yours--all those azaleas around it! They look gorgeous.

I also filled in bare spots today. I'm on a mission this year to make the grass in my backyard look like a manicured lawn. But is it ever going to stop raining?!

Thanks for your kind thoughts about my mom.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Gilly said...

Those azealeas are lovely! You must have an acid soil like we do. And radishes already? Mine are about half a centimeter high so far!!

But we could do with some rain....

Anonymous said...

Wow...your azaleas are beautiful! And I adore miniature roses.