Thursday, May 13, 2010

Much needed rain ................

We finally got a little rain last night. It had been 3 weeks since the last rain, and it was getting rather dry. The plants in my garden look like they grew several inches overnight. I've been watering the garden every day, but that just keeps the plants alive. Nothing helps like a good soaking rain. I'll take some pictures this weekend so you can see how big the squash have gotten.

Mazie Grace has been spending almost all her time in the house. Evidently she has a new appreciation for home. Hopefully she won't be going on any more adventures.

My Dad's daytime aide quit Monday, so he has had someone new with him this week. That means that I've had to spend more time at his house the last few days, getting the new aide adjusted.

Today was Hubbie's last day at work. His official retirement date is May 15th, but he is taking off tomorrow as a vacation day. Before he left work this afternoon, he took off his lineman's boots and tossed them and his lunch box in the dumpster. He is very happy to become a retiree. It's going to be an adjustment for both of us, but I think it will be a positive change.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Bless you as you continue overseeing the care of your dad. I'm glad your husband was able to retire. The working world is very stressful and I hope you have a lot of good years ahead of you.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Sounds like lots of changes for you this week. I hope things go well for your father. Congrats to your husband on his retirement!

Amy said...

We had some rain too, and we really needed it. Hope your husband enjoys his retirement. It's hard work being a lineman. Good for him!

Gilly said...

Glad you had rain - we could do with lots, too. Everything here is so dry.

Good luck for the retirement - it takes a bit a readjustment at first. I speak from experience!!

I bet Maizie Grace was pleased to be home. Hope she hadn't met an amourous tom cat!

Arkansas Patti said...

We can water from our taps and wells to keep plants alive but rain makes them florish.
Congrats to your husband. Hope he loves his new freedom.
"Retirement is twice the husband and half the money."

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

So Happy your husband is officially retired. What a great feeling--I'm sure.

CountryDew said...

You have a lot on your plate. I hope enjoy your time with your husband.

KathyA said...

Congratulations to your husband and blessings to you both on this new phase of your lives.
Perhaps Miss Mazie is sadder but wiser? :)
My tomatoes, except for one, all have tight little blooms on them!!! Looking forward to your photos.