Friday, May 7, 2010

Mazie Grace ..................


I really appreciate everyone's wishes for Mazie Grace's safe return home. Unfortunately, she is still missing. I have called all my neighbors, but no one has seen her. We have checked everywhere that she could have been locked accidently, and I've walked over the neighborhood again. She has never been gone for even a full day before, so it's not like her to take off. I think it is very unlikely that she will show up. I do believe a bobcat caught her. I have seen bobcats around here and I have been told that they will prey on cats.


Mazie Grace was a unique cat and I will miss her. She showed up on January 10, 2009 (read about it here), and spent almost 16 months with us. She was the best hunter I have ever seen. Almost every morning, I would find the remains of the mole or mouse she had caught the night before at the back door. She had a sweet disposition and loved to roll and stretch. She was very independant and lived life as she wanted. She had a short life, but I believe she enjoyed every minute of it. She will join the long, long list of pets that we have loved and lost.


We still have Maggie May to spoil. I have no doubt that another stray cat will find and adopt us. And, we are still waiting for a homeless dog to arrive. There are always lots of precious animals who need someone to love them.
Tomorrow, I will tell you about my garden....

6 comments:

KathyA said...

She was still a kitten! Damn bobcats.

Linda said...

Mazie Grace was such a beautiful kitty. I'm always so torn about whether to make a cat a total inside pet and miss the joy of living outside in nature, or to let them go outside and risk the danger of a very short life. Boo on bobcats but they're doing what bobcats do in nature. Poor Mazie Grace.

Gilly said...

I too am so sorry. Pets creep into your heart, and we never know how deep until we don't have them anymore.

You gave her a happy home and love. She was a lucky cat.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Mazie Grace's home with you had to be the most wonderful life for a cat. To be loved like you loved her, well, you couldn't ask for better than that. What a blessed kitty.

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry about Mazie Grace. She might surprise you...I'll hope for that kind of sweet surprise.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

So sorry about such a pretty little girl. She did have a happy but short life, after she met you!