Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Pleasures # 2 - Watermelons ......


Nothing refreshes on a hot summer day quite like an ice cold, sweet, juicy watermelon. A picnic is not complete without this treat for dessert.



When I get a watermelon, I will usually cut it into chunks and put it in the refrigerator. It's convenient for snacking on whenever I need a sweet treat.





I always have to save one slice to eat whole. What fun it is to get your face down into the slice and to have the sweetness dripping off your chin. Ahh ... the pleasures of summer.

2 comments:

Gilly said...

Well, we can get (imported) watermelons here in the UK, but I doubt they are anything like yours! And we are also a bit short on really hot days!

But your photos and descriptions really made my mouth water! I'm still drooling!

What lovely summers you have! Maybe I should move, or even visit!

KathyA said...

Are you growing them this year? How about cantalopes?