Saturday, July 11, 2009

Honest Scrap Award







I have been presented with the Honest Scrap Award by Lilla at Rhymes With Vanilla. If you've never visited her blog, I suggest you do so. You will enjoy it. Here are the instructions that came with the award:



The Honest Scrap award is not one to hold all to yourself, but must be shared!

First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else
knows.

Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.

Third, those 10 bloggers all have to be notified that they have been given this award.

Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them
"The Honest Scrap" award.



So 10 true things about myself that no one knows - hmmm.......



1. No one who knows me personally (hubbie, family, or friends) knows that I have a blog.

2. I never eat plain white bread - only wheat or grain bread.

3. I don't enjoy shopping - its a real chore for me.

4. I don't like parties or being in a crowd of people.

5. I'm an optimist - the glass is always half full for me.

6. I don't miss my job - I worked in banking for 35 years which in my opinion was several years too long.

7. I have a love for all types of animals and creatures.

8. I like to work logic problems.

9. I don't like chocolate - honestly, I don't.

10. I'm mechanically inclined. I can usually figure out how things work and can make repairs myself.



So now you know a little more about me. I'm suppose to pass this award on to 10 more bloggers, but I'm only going to name 5. I know a lot of bloggers don't like to participate in awards, so I will understand completely if you decide not to respond. These folks have very interesting blogs, so give them a visit if you have the time.
Autumn's Meadow
Country Roads
The Erstwhile Librarian
kathy'speace
Peevish Pen



6 comments:

Becky Mushko said...

Hmmm. Thanks for passing on the award—I think. It may take me a while to come up with my list of 10. I'll have to think for a couple of days.

Patty said...

Thanks for thw award..I will work on my list and post it soon

Lilla said...

Interesting tidbits about you, SVB. I can't believe you've kept your blog a secret from family, friends and your husband! Thanks for playing along.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment on my butterfly pics and thank you so much for the award! I do appreciate it, but must admit...I am one that is not very comfortable with awards. But if I can think of 10 things that I haven't already mentioned in earlier postings...I will do that.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention...how surprised I am by some of your 10 things. Your husband doesn't know about your blog? That's amazing! I bet if he knew, he'd enjoy it. I'm with you on numbers 2,3,4 and 7. But can't imagine a life without chocolate. :-)

KathyA said...

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you. Let's just say life has been interesting lately!
Thank you so much for the award. I am going to try to figure out how to post it today. Blessings, Kathy